Podcasts are becoming more and more popular. Due to their general availability and large selection of topics, they are suitable for basically everyone. Did you know that listening to financial podcasts can be a convenient way to learn money management? In today’s entry, we have prepared for you an overview of the best podcasts about finance. We invite you to read!
What is a podcast?
If you haven’t known what a podcast is before, that’s about to change. We have prepared a simple definition for you.
A podcast is a program in audio form. You can listen to it online or download it to your device to listen to at any time. Basically, it can be compared to a radio show, except that you can listen to the podcast whenever it suits you, not when it is broadcast.
Podcasts can be listened to on various devices – both on a computer, smartphone or tablet. The only requirement is internet access. After downloading, you can listen to the recordings without internet access. Podcasts can cover various topics, e.g. business, finance or entertainment. Crime podcasts have been very popular in Poland for years.
Where to listen to podcasts?
As we mentioned earlier, you can listen to podcasts almost anywhere – the basic requirement is internet access. To play your favorite podcasts, just use any device, such as a smartphone, computer or tablet. You can listen to them on both websites and apps.
You should know that there are podcast listening apps that allow you to browse and listen to various audio programs. Some of them are devoted strictly to podcasts, and some also include music. In addition, some are completely free.
Popular apps for listening to podcasts on various devices:
- Apple Podcasts – a free podcast application built into Apple devices. Includes both free and paid podcasts. Downloading a specific material allows you to listen to it at any time, also offline. This application is the first choice among people using the mentioned devices,
- Google Podcasts – a free podcast application designed for Android users. You can also find free and paid podcasts here. It is also possible to listen offline if you download the material to your device first,
- Spotify – a free streaming application that is most frequently chosen in Poland. It offers not only music, but also podcasts. You can use it as part of the free plan, but it has some limitations. These include advertisements and the inability to choose the order in which songs are played, e.g. within one playlist. Instead we have random playback. Also, in the free version, you can’t download songs to your device to listen to them offline. However, there are 4 premium plans to choose from – Premium Individual, Duo, Family and Student. The costs of each vary, and free trial period is available for 3 months,
- Audible – a platform offering a wide selection of audiobooks and spoken content, including podcasts. It allows you to listen to books in audio form and access a variety of podcasts on literature, education, personal development and many other topics. Audible also offers features such as downloading content for offline listening and personalized recommendations based on user preferences. This platform is popular among lovers of listening to spoken content, providing a wide selection of audiobooks and podcasts in English. The only downside is that the app prevents you from listening for free, you have to purchase access. However, a free trial period is available for 30 days,
- Pocket Casts – offers free and paid versions. The basic version is available at no cost, while there is also a Pocket Casts Plus option, which is paid and offers additional features such as 10 GB of cloud storage for file storage and access to applications for desktop platforms (Windows and macOS). This app is available on all major platforms. So you can listen wherever and whenever you want – at home, at work or in the car,
- iHeart – is an online radio platform that offers access to many radio stations and podcasts. Both music, podcasts and radio stations are available for free. You can listen on any device, the application works on many operating systems. In addition, it is possible to listen to the materials on the website,
- Soundcloud – free application for Android and iOS. You will find both podcasts and music there. It is worth adding that you can also listen to materials on the website, without having to register on it.
In addition, you can also listen to podcasts on YouTube and on specific websites, e.g. blogs of their creators.
Please note that these are just a selection of podcast apps. There are many more, but these are the ones most often recommended by users. If none of the above meets your expectations, look for and test others.
Selected podcasts about finance
If you are interested in finance and want to expand your knowledge on the subject, it is worth checking out various podcasts.
They can provide valuable information about investing, saving, retirement planning and many other aspects of managing your personal finances.
Many of them are run by financial experts, thanks to whom you can gain practical tips about money and money management. Additionally, these podcasts often discuss current trends in financial markets and analyze the impact of various economic events on investor portfolios.
Later in the article you will find the most recommended podcasts about finance.
BiggerPockets Money Podcast
BiggerPockets Money Podcast is a finance podcast hosted by Mindy Jensen and Scott Trench of BiggerPockets.com. On this podcast financial experts interview various guests about ways you can earn more. They also discuss spending money wisely and building wealth. The program covers topics related to getting out of debt, financial planning for couples, achieving common financial goals and many others. BiggerPockets Money Podcast is aimed at people who want to better manage their finances and strive to achieve a stable financial situation.
New podcast episodes appear approximately every 2 days. Recently, there was an interesting episode titled “Holiday Shopping Hacks That’ll Save You Hundreds (or Thousands) This Season”. You will also find material about how to teach your kids about money.
By the way, we would like to remind you that you will find an entry on this topic on our blog. Check here:
The Clark Howard Podcast
Clark Howard is the author of several books, which mainly contain practical financial advice. The most popular ones include: Get Clark Smart: The Ultimate Guide to Getting Rich From America’s Money Saving Expert or Clark Smart Parents, Clark Smart Kids. He also hosts the nationally syndicated radio program “The Clark Howard Show”. His finance podcast is called “The Clark Howard Podcast”.
Howard has been sharing his experience for over 30 years. It teaches you how to save more and spend less. In this podcast, Clark shares practical ways so you can put your application to work today. From breaking news to economic trends to key topics – covering everything you need to know to make smart decisions about your wallet and life. These are often simple, largely savings, insurance, insurance, monthly repayments and much more.
New episodes of the podcast appear with great regularity, usually every day. You can find among them: an episode about supporting adult children or the full costs of owning a home. An interesting source is also material devoted to the advantages and disadvantages of retirement abroad.
Do you want to start saving but don’t know where to start? Check this: The best money saving apps.
Millennial Investing is hosted by Robert Leonard, Patrick Donley, and Kyle Grieve. It’s one of the top-ranked investing podcasts in the world geared to the millennial generation.
There you will find conversations with many entrepreneurs, investors and authors. The authors discuss their stories and explore specific ideas and methods to help you invest better. The podcast aims to increase young people’s financial and business knowledge. The hosts of this podcast want listeners to make better investment decisions with their money.
The episodes are quite long, most lasting an hour or more. They are added with great regularity, on average every few days.
You’ll find plenty of published episodes there. In one of them Tom Sosnoff (popular entrepreneur and options trader) discusses about options trading. You can learn how it works, some strategies for beginners, and its expected returns and risks. In another, you will find an interview with Adam Mead about his book entitled “The Complete Financial History of Berkshire Hathaway: A Chronological Analysis of Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger’s Conglomerate Masterpiece.”
By the way, we would like to remind you about the article in which we discussed Warrenn Buffett’s investment strategy.
The Ramsey Show
The Ramsey Show is another finance podcast. This is a program worth spending your time on. You will definitely get a lot from it.
In this podcast, Dave Ramsey shares life and money advice. He answers questions that people ask him on the phone. Many of them want to learn how to get out of debt and start building their future. The author gives specific tips that fit the given situation. It tells you how to solve the caller’s problem. His actions make finances easier. Ramsey says anyone can build wealth and take control of their lives. Moreover, regardless of your situation.
You will find, for example, an episode about you can have a great Christmas on a budget. This can definitely be useful to many people. In one of the last episodes he talks about what is the key to getting out of debt.
We also recommend this article: Debt spiral – definition and ways to get out debt.
Money For The Rest of Us
Money For The Rest of Us is another podcast about personal finance and investing. You will learn, among others: about how money works, how to invest it and how to live without having to worry about it. J. David Stein was a former chief investment strategist and money manager.
He has been teaching both people and entire institutions how to invest capital for almost twenty years. His approach is tailored to people at various levels of knowledge. He explains everything in a simple and understandable way. Episodes of this podcast appear weekly. Each one lasts 30 minutes or more.
You will find episode where David visits with Bill Yount and Becky Heptig of the Catching Up to Fi podcast in a interesting discussion on investing using a systematic checklist approach. In another one authors are sharing five things what they have learned about stock index valuations, earnings, currency. You could also learn why value investing isn’t dead.
Motley Fool Money
Our last proposition for a podcast about finance is Motley Fool Money. The hosts of this podcast are Dylan Lewis, Deidre Woollard, Ricky Mulvey and Mary Long. On the podcast, they discuss the most important business news and financial headlines of the day. They work alongside Motley Foo’s team of investment analysts.
By listening to this podcast, you can take the best investing classes you didn’t have in school. You will also get to know other perspectives thanks to special guests who appear in specific episodes.
New episodes of this podcast appear daily. Their length varies, but they do not exceed 40 minutes, so you will be able to find enough time in the day to listen it. You will find there, among others: episode about investing and life lessons from Charlie Munger. Another one of the episodes (A Marketplace of Ideas) tells about what drives donors to participate in funding campaigns that deliver rewards rather than equity. As you can see that you can find a variety of topics there, which in many cases may prove not only interesting, but also instructive.
Financial podcasts are an excellent source of knowledge for people interested in this topic. They enable you to gain practical tips and learn inspiring stories from different perspectives. In many of them you will find specific advice that can be easily applied in everyday life.
The most important benefits of listening to podcasts are easy access through various platforms and the ability to gain practical knowledge for free. Listen to them in your free time and you will see that this is a great solution.